1. XV – Definitely been slept on by XXL for the last few years. The guy can spit, but there’s a chance that he could blow up soon enough that they wouldn’t put him on there next year.
2. Casey Veggies – In my opinion, I was very surprised that he didn’t make the cover this year, but with guys like Mac Miller and Odd Future on his side, you know he has a bright future ahead.
3. Los – Many think this guy has potential to be the next big thing, and although not many may have heard of him. I can see where they’re coming from.
4. Stalley – Also surprised he didn’t make it this year, but with MMG blowing up and guys like Meek, Wale and Rozay on his side.. You know he’ll get his turn to shine and blow up soon.
5. Rockie Fresh – With one of the best mixtapes of the year so far in, Driving 88, I’m confident that he can make it on the 2013 cover.
6. SpaceGhostPurrp – He’s down with the ASAP Mob and has a pretty big fan base. As a fan, I really hope he makes it on there. Also, a very talented producer.
7. Ab-Soul – Member of Kendrick Lamar’s TDE and Black Hippy, he has the team, and lyrical ability to easily make it on the cover. Also with the recent Interscope recent signing he has the major label backing him up.
8. Jon Connor – Has many blogs that have his back, and backed with a big fan base if he keeps it up he’ll make it no doubt. Got to represent for Flint Michigan.
9. Mr. Mutha******’ eXuire – Although he had some harsh words for XXL, hopefully his work this year will outshine that and rightfully put him on the cover. Gotta hear something way dope in his next project.
10. Ro Ransom – Formerly known as Nero, not many know about him but if you check him out you’ll see that he deserves the spot more than anything. We’ll see what he does this year, and may be the mixtape Ransomania will get him the shine he deserves.